Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mother, Like Daughter

I am like most daughters in that I have inherited many, many things from my mom. I have many of my mom's best traits, some of her quirky thought patterns and some traits that tend to get us in trouble from time to time. For example, we have a severe problem when it comes to knowing our car size. I can't think of how many times one or both of use go shopping, fall in love with a piece of furniture and then convince ourselves that "of course it will fit in my car."

That is exactly what happened yesterday. My great friend Rosa (shout out!) was having an Estate Sale with tons of cool and interesting stuff. I found a wonderful table with tons of potential that I just knew I had to have. I had no doubt it could be turned sideways and slid into the backseat. Uhhh, well not so much. Here is how I drove home on both 75 and 635. Probably not the smarted thing to do, but I NEEDED this table! I'll post pictures when it is finished. Thanks Rosa for such a great deal!

2 comments:

sandy said...

I know it will look great !! I tend to enjoy restoring things also..I once did this table with marble look on top with pink and gray designs ..hmmm what eveer happen that table ... can't recall, but have fun ..
love ya

Rosa said...

hahah. I am so excited to see it all finished!!!!

Love you