Sunday, July 12, 2009

Southlake

James and I decided to get away for the weekend, well not REALLY get away. We took the short car ride to Southlake. We stayed at the Hilton and explored the Town Square all weekend. Besides being so dang hot, we had a great time. The first two pictures are the views from our room.

Other than hanging out by the pool, reading and playing Bananagrams, we ate wonderful food (my favorite was shrimp and scallop risotto from Brio), caught a movie, listened to some live music, scouted out Barnes and Noble and did a little shopping.
I realize what a blessing it is to be able to get away from "real life" for the weekend and enjoy my husband's company. I am so thankful for times like this weekend.
Our boy spent the weekend with James' parents (thank you, James and Sandy). I'm sure he had a blast at their house, but boy was he happy to see us. He has spent most of today like this:

And on a different note, check out my project on Thursday! It was a lot of work, but I love it!

Good night everyone!

1 comments:

sandy said...

Mavi looks so comfy with his mommy,
he is always a joy to have over ... nice job in the tv room .. wanna come over and do mine ? just kidding .. glad you two had a wonderful much needed time together ...
love ya'll always..
in His service,
sandy