Saturday, October 23, 2010

My grandparents came to our house Sunday night on their way to Athens, Greece. Must be nice, huh? Anyways, Granddad walked in and presented me with these flowers he had picked for me. It was a bouquet of beautiful roses and a few zinnias in the middle. He said that he had just picked the roses, but Manuel thought he needed to add some color. So Manuel went and picked the zinnias. I can't even begin to tell you how much I wish I had been a fly on the wall as this was happening. Even more, I can't tell you how much such a simple deed has brightened my spirit.

Thanks Granddad and Manuel.

I bought this cute little bottle rack last weekend in Tyler with the thought of how festive it would look with Christmas candy in the jars. It didn't occur to me how cute Halloween candy would look. Something so simple, but I smile every time I look at it.

I have been feeling super crafty this week, so I made these letters. I changed out the ribbon and now they are hanging behind my dining room table. You have to come to my house to see the complete project. So come on over!

Happy Saturday!



3 comments:

Tyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyler said...

I am sure that would have been great to hear Granddad and Manuel discus the floral arrangement.

Hayley McCarthy said...

What gorgeous flowers!