Monday, September 29, 2008

The State Fair of Texas

James and I had such a GREAT time at the State Fair on Saturday. I had not been since high school and James had never been. I don't have too many pictures, but I'll share a few that we took. When we first got there we each got a corn dog, then headed to the Auto Show. James was in heaven.

Here he is with a Corvette ZR1 (I think). He had never seen one in person, so he was pretty impressed.
After the auto show, we walked around a few of the exhibit halls and happened to come across the Celebrity Cooking Demonstration. The celebrity was some chef from one of Dallas' hotels. We got to watch him cook and then sample the recipe. It was Blue Cheese Bread Pudding with Sauteed shrimp. Very, very interesting. I wish I had a picture of James' face when he took a bite. If any of you are dying for the recipe, I will gladly pass it along.

Here is James with King Tut at the Sand Sculpture exhibit. Gotta love the things they come up with for the Fair. If you look closely, you will see Big Tex in his yellow shirt in the background.


Yummy, yummy funnel cake!! I asked James to give an excited face and this is what I got. : )
After a day full of walking around, seeing the sites and eating yummy food we went to see the big concert of the night. It was the Zac Brown Band, we had never heard of them, but they were great! It was wonderful to sit back in the cool breeze and watch kids and elderly people alike dancing, laughing and having a great time. If you get a chance, go to the fair!

0 comments: