Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Few Pictures

So here they are! We are basically all settled in to our new home. Of course we have a long list of things we would still love to buy, do, etc., but we are content with what we have accomplished thus far. Since my debit number was stolen, I'm a little hesitant to spend even a penny until that is completely resolved. Having said that, we did order new windows yesterday and plantation shutters will be ordered in the next few days. Right now we are living on display, which isn't ideal, but we can handle it a little longer. At least all of our neighbors know exactly where everything is located in our house, what time we eat dinner, when I wear my sock monkey pjs, what shows we watch on t.v...

So, here is the entryway My new favorite piece of art, the picture doesn't do it justice. You must come visit to see it.

Our dining room, this table was a killer find. I won't brag on here about what a great deal I got. I'll wait til I can brag in person. : )

Our kitchen, which I love!! It's been very fun cooking in here.

Our cozy, little living room.

Again, probably not okay to toot my own horn, but I'm very proud of our bedroom. It doesn't really go with the rest of the house, but its our room--who cares!


This room still requires the most work. We are planning on using it for an office, junk room, but are thinking now we should clear it out and work on our dance moves in there. Any other ideas?


Not much exciting going on in the guest room, but it is open for reservations. We hung a sheet thing with thumb tacks when mom spent the night to cover the window.

The guest bathroom. I also think this turned out very pretty. On my last post, I mentioned that there was no hot water. Guess what? There is lots of hot water, its just that the hot/cold knobs are switched! What great news!

James and I have already agreed to spend the weekend having fun, enjoying our house and each other. That means no house projects, just hanging out with each other. Last weekend was wonderful, but we didn't have a single minute to ourselves. So far on our list Mexican food and either a movie or bowling tomorrow night, renting movies, playing scrabble and eating junk food at home on Saturday and probably more of the same on Sunday. Not totally sure yet, but maybe some Christmas decorating. That doesn't count as a house project right?









0 comments: