Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gearing Up

I'm spending the day making pumpkin pies and Mac 'N Cheese (James' request) to take to Mom and Dad's for Thanksgiving tomorrow. We are heading that way this afternoon and I can't wait. There just isn't much better than Thanksgiving Day!

Then James' family is coming to our house on Friday to celebrate. I will be making my first Thanksgiving dinner. Wish me luck! I only agreed if I didn't have to make a turkey. I know, everyone says "its not that bad". Well, I'm sure its not, but I don't want to do it yet. So...I was going to order one, but didn't totally know when or who would be here, so I never got around to it. The compromise, stuffed turkey breast. I have very detailed instructions and don't think it will be too hard. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Also, I broke down and put up the tree last night. It looks so beautiful. We have the perfect Christmas tree window! I went and bought the tree yesterday, hoping to beat the crazy crowds this weekend, but had convinced myself that I would wait until Saturday to put it up. I'm easy to unconvince! James called right after I had gotten home with it and asked what I was doing. "Oh nothing, but I bought the tree today."
"You did, Oh I can't wait to drive up and see it in the window when I get home from work."
"Well, I'm not going to put it up today, we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet."
"Are you kidding me, who cares!! Please, please put it up today."
Smiling, "Okay, it will be up when you get home!"

So, I did some Christmas decorating last night. We are missing more than half of our decorations, so I'm hoping to find them in Mom and Dad's storage building. I'll post pictures this weekend when our winter wonderland isn't mixed with our fall decor.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, my family and friends. I love you all and count you among my blessings.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The macaroni and cheese was good! That extra cheese made all the difference. I'll never go back to three cheese Mac n'cheese again.

That was a quip, a "clever or witty remark or comment." At least that was according to the Random House College Dictionary, revised edition of 1975.