Monday, November 17, 2008

Just 'Cause

This post is just 'cause, I feel like blogging. I missed it so much this past week. I'm now sitting on the couch, listening to James snore from the bedroom and feeling so thankful to be in our home. This week has been so much fun, but honestly, it has been very stressful. James and I have both been so busy and had so many things on our "to-do" lists that we have not connected the way we should have. Thankfully, we got most of that fixed last night. Now, I feel like we are back to being on the same team, rather than working independently.

We thought we knew that there would be a few bumps in the road with buying our first house, but when you actually come to the bumps, it kind of throws you for a loop. For starters, the toilet in our bathroom isn't functioning properly. I thought I had fixed it and was so proud of myself, until this morning when I had to get up at 5 and turn the water off because it kept running and was keeping me awake. Mom came and spent Saturday night with us, when she tried to shower the next morning, she didn't have hot water in the hall shower. It looks like we need to call a plumber. Maybe the electrician that came on Wednesday can give us a recommendation. An electrician? Oh yeah, he had to fix the outlet for the dryer after the poor man delivering the washer and dryer almost burned to death. Okay, okay, he didn't almost burn to death, but there was a small fire. Thankfully that was resolved with a few minutes and small fee. Hopefully that small fee doesn't turn into returned check fees due to someone having a bit too much fun with my debit card number this weekend and taking my checking account to a negative $22. Thank you for that. I will now be going back to the cash only system.

Yes, there have been lots of loops, but man we are so thankful. We love our house and we wouldn't change a thing. We are tired and sometimes scared, but overflowing with joy. The fear and time and money, makes us that much more grateful. Mom was talking to James this weekend when she came to visit and she kept complimenting him on how great the house was. She then said, "as much as I love the house, what I really love is the home that you have created for my daughter". She is so right. We love the house, but it's not about the house. It is about the fact that we are living this great life together that we almost gave up on. We almost let this pass us by. How grateful I am, that through God's mercy and a lot of work on both of our parts we are here in the place healing our past, living our present and dreaming our future.

Thank you to everyone for checking in on us, praying for us and encouraging us. Just cause we are moved in, doesn't mean we don't still need all of those things. Without James' permission, I won't go into detail, but I do ask that you say a special prayer for James and his family tonight. Perhaps being a bit selfish, I ask that you especially pray for James.

We love all of you and I thank you so much for checking in on us and keeping up with our lives.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our toilet is on the blink, too. Dayne is too busy to fix it. Just for some advice - don't try to flush while reaching into an overhead cabinet. Medicine bottles only flush part of the way, then they stick! You are right about being thankful - many people in this world would gladly trade their problems with my toilet issues! So, it won't be the last problem you face, just remember that it is during times of adversity that our true character comes out! Yikes! Love to you both, and special prayers on the way. AND I missed your blog!