Monday, February 9, 2009

The next big thing

I have a huge announcement, well huge for me. I have decided to get my alternative certification and begin teaching in the fall. I have been studying for the "content" test for more than a month and didn't want to announce this decision until I had that behind me. Well, I took the test on Friday and just found out this morning that I passed!! I am so relieved. Studying has been like a full-time job for me and I could not be more thankful that it is over. I begin attending classes for the next month and a half on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to getting things started.

As much as I love my job, I don't want to be a nanny forever. I also know that life throws you curve balls never expected and I need to be able to support myself and I can't even begin to think about getting back into social work (it makes me nauseous). So for the past few months I have been really prayerful about the decision and have done lots of research. I feel very confident that it is the right thing and am super excited for August.

So if I have seemed absent the past month, now you know why. I will keep you all posted as things progress. Very excited!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be a great teacher! Welcome to the business!

Tyler said...

Sorry for the delay I have been reading all my blogs via google reader which makes me forget to comment.

I am so happy you passed! I think you will be a perfect fit for teaching. Hopefully the stress level will be lower too than your previous career.