Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Empty Nest

A few weeks ago, I happened to look up at our apartment from the parking lot and see a bird's nest dangling off the edge of the windowsill. So I immediately went upstairs, sat on the floor and peeped through the blinds to find a big, beautiful bird perched in the nest. Over the next few weeks I watched as Momma bird prepared her Baby bird to take on the world. I watched as baby bird went from fuzzy and cute to bigger and prettier. I was heartbroken the other day to peep through the blinds and find that Baby was gone. I really enjoyed my chance to witness nature at it's best from the floor in my dining room, even if it meant squatting down and barely raising the blinds. No other time I have been within inches of Momma and Baby birds. As I said, I really was sad to see them go. Today, I was out shopping and look what I found!! A new, cute little friend who will never leave me to take on the world. Is that not the happiest little bird you have ever seen? I haven't decided on a name yet. I hope you all are having a happy, peaceful night. Much love to you.

0 comments: