Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Few More Details

We have had many questions come our way and I'm sure there are many questions that have been held back, so I thought I would attempt to answer a few and fill you in on the last several months. I won't go into every detail, because even I can't remember them all!



So let's all back up to April...James has made several attempts to contact me for a while, but I had been dodging his calls, emails and letters. I just wanted closure and had no hope for any change. On April 4th, I had been at Mom and Dad's (my favorite hang-out while living in Tyler) and had come home around 9 or so. When I got home I saw that I had a voicemail from James. I hesitantly listened and immediately knew something was different just by his tone of voice. I took a gamble and called him back. We sat and talked (and cried and cried and cried and I will admit, I probably even yelled at a little) until the wee hours of the morning and for the first time since all of this nightmare had started I could hear huge chance coming from James. Now I could hear huge change from him, but I was still very scared and very bitter. To wrap it up, I was what they call a female dog to him, but he persisted. I was to be in DFW the following night for a wedding and James kept asking if he could drive to Tyler, take me out to dinner and talk some more. I kept saying, "no, I won't be in Tyler." "Where will you be?" "None of your business." Yeah, I was not very nice. Anyways, after 3 hours I told him I would be in DFW and agreed to meet him for dinner.



Now, to spare you all from tons more details, we had a very hard, sad dinner that night. Over the next few weeks we spent time talking on the phone and James would drive on Saturday and Wednesday nights to Tyler, spend a couple of hours and then drive back to Dallas. It took me at least a month to really soften my heart and really listen to James' heart, but with time we began to start over. James had been in counseling since shortly after the split and then we began seeing a marriage counselor together immediately after we reconnected. James had also joined a Men's small group and as he says, "was slapped around quite a bit by them." He gives a lot of credit to those men, as well as an older man, Dee who he had trained, for pushing him in the right direction.



I said it took some time for my heart to soften, but once it did-IT DID!! I really don't remember when or how it happened, but as soon as I let my guard down just a bit, I fell head over heels in love with James again. He was a different man and I was a different woman, but we were both better. Once we both knew that no matter what we wanted to remarry, we told ourselves, "okay, no rush. let's take our time." Yeah right, originally we said we would marry in November. As you all know, that didn't work out!! It was excruciating to have been married, to know we wanted to be married and yet not be married. When he would leave Tyler, it was horrible. So we began to figure out how and when we would make this all work and that is when everything fell into place.



To Be Continued...

0 comments: