Monday, July 28, 2008

A GREAT Weekend

This was a wonderful, hot, fun weekend! It started off Friday night with James and I going to a Frisco Roughriders Game. Although, we were soaked with sweat five minutes after finding our seats, we had a wonderful time. The stadium is small compared to the Ranger's stadium, so I had a lot of fun "people watching". Following the game, they put on a wonderful fireworks show. No matter how old I get or how many times I have seen fireworks, I am filled with joy each time I see them.

Here is a self-timer picture of James and I before heading out to the game. Thank goodness for our hats or we would have been blinded by the sun!
Although we had choices of chili cheese nachos, cotton candy, turkey legs and peanuts, we chose Dippin' Dots ice cream for our ballgame treat. Chili in the 100 degree temperatures was not appealing to me at all.

Here is James enjoying his Dippin' Dots in his souvenir ball cap bowl. This was before the game started, pretty soon after this picture we were surrounded by people, only increasing the sweat factor.
Mom and I have been wanting to go do some shopping in Mineola for a while now, but just hadn't gotten around to it. Well, Saturday she was off, so I drove over and we had such a fun Mother/Daughter Day. I have never had such good luck in one day and Mom scored pretty big too! Here is a collection of our finds. It is a tough choice on what my favorite item from the day was, but I LOVE the t.v. trays on the left. I couldn't wait to get home and find the perfect spot for all my new treasures!
This is Mom's favorite purchase from the day. She bought these matching stain glass windows. Aren't they beautiful?

Here is my first piece of stain glass. You can't tell from the picture, but one of the panes has a crack, so I got it for a huge discount. It has already landed in my kitchen window.
Here I am playing with all my new goodies!
Saturday evening, Russell, Sarah and Riley were also at Mom and Dad's. I must say the Smith house is way more entertaining now that we have a new family member. Here is Riley with Dad. I like this picture, because you can see how long he is!

For me, this photo shoot was the most entertaining. I wanted to get some pictures of Mom and Dad with Riley. Well, guess who decided he needed to be in the pictures too? Wally! He sat perfectly still, smiling and looking at the camera the whole time. It was so funny!
Riley's shirt says, "Good looks run in the family." I would agree. Look at that handsome Grandy!

Riley and Aunt Rachel

Since I was in East Texas, I spent Saturday night and drove out to camp on Sunday. I NEEDED to see my long, lost friend Laura. It was so wonderful to spend a couple of hours with her and play catch up.
Riley must have really enjoyed the heat of camp, because he was conked out! At this point, I think both of our clothes were soaked through with sweat. Of course I didn't mind. Anything goes when I have the sweet boy in my arms.
While I was gone, James had some good times with friends. He went to see the Batman movie and played a little golf on Sunday. We both enjoyed our weekend, but were happy to be home together last night. I think that time apart is good for us as individuals and helps us even more once we come back together as a couple. I hope all of you had a good weekend and are looking forward to a the last few days of July.



1 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey girl! I was "stalkerbooking" and saw you had a blog. I love reading blogs - but I LOVED reading your blog. I'm really, SO excited for y'all. God is so good! (I added your email to my blog so you can read it if you want)