Thursday, July 24, 2008

When Everything Fell Into Place

A couple of posts back, I filled all of you in on a few details of how James and I reconciled and reunited. I left off with us trying to figure out how and when we could remarry. So here is a brief overview of how everything fell into place.

As you all know, I was living in Tyler and had a good job there. James was in Dallas, had a job that he loved and a new apartment. Trust me, I was very thankful for my job and I LOVED living in Tyler close to Mom and Dad, but more than my job and more than living close to Mom and Dad I wanted to be with James. Believe it or not, we did discuss him finding a job in Tyler and moving to be with me. I was so thankful that he would at least consider that option, but in my heart I knew I could not let him leave his job unless absolutely necessary. He loves his job and from what I can tell is absolutely wonderful at it. There is no way he could find close to the same thing in Tyler. So, we decided that I would move to Dallas.

I quit my job and the timing could not have been more perfect for them. They were interviewing that week to fill another position and said it would be no problem to hire two people instead of one. Whew!!! So, no guilt there! Okay, onto the next thing. What about my apartment? I had one month left on my lease, so we decided "okay, we will take the loss and just pay the rent even though I would not be living there." I decided to put an ad on Craigslist just to see what would happen. What do you know?? A man from Dallas contacted me immediately and said he would be in Tyler taking a 3 week class and needed somewhere to live. He was thrilled to find my place. Worked out perfect for both of us!

James expressed over and over that it would not be necessary for me to work when I moved to Dallas, if that would help get us on the right track. I knew that a super, stressful social work job was not the best idea at this time, but I also knew that I would need something to give me purpose and keep me semi-busy. So, we discussed several part-time jobs that I would enjoy and that would not be far from the house. (I really hate Dallas traffic, as I'm sure we all do) I decided to post a profile on a website for families looking for a nanny. Long story short, I was found, hired and will begin my job as a nanny on August 11th for 5 and 7 year old sisters!! The family has been wonderful so far and I'm not sure who is more excited for August 11th to get here, the girls, their mother or myself. I feel like it is going to be a wonderful fit. I will go to their house in the morning when Mom and Dad leave for work, get the girls up, dressed, fed and dropped off at school. I will then pick them up after school, drop them off at activities "A", "B" and "C" and then have them home when Mom and Dad get home from work around 6 PM.

Now if all of that doesn't sound just wonderful, read on!! Two days out of each week while the two girls are at school, I will be spending some wonderful, quality time with the other love in my life-Riley! Yep, while Sarah teaches voice lessons 2 days a week, I get to keep Riley. I could not be more excited to have the wonderful opportunity to get to love on my sweet nephew.

Right now, I am enjoying this time to really focus on James, myself and our marriage. I could not be more thankful for this life. I will leave you with a picture of James and I at the bowling alley last week.

0 comments: