Saturday, July 19, 2008

Woodall Ranch

My apologies for not posting this sooner. Our internet has been down since Monday afternoon, but thankfully we are up and running again. Last Sunday, those of us who could make it went out to Paris to Grandma and Granddad's house. It is always nice to get to visit there, but for some reason this trip was especially fun. It was very relaxed, the weather was nice and we had lots of good food! Now on to some pictures!

This is my new favorite picture of Riley. I just love how he folds up so nicely! If I haven't mentioned this to you before, I'll say it now-I'm in love with him!
Grandma getting a little love from Riley before he had to leave.
Now, I know this comes as no surprise to anyone, but James is a city boy! He has never, ever ridden a horse. E and S, the horse experts, were there to convince him that it was time to take a ride. He was a bit nervous, but a very good sport about it. This first picture is of him eyeing Shorty (I think) to let him know who is boss. Now S is giving him so lessons on what to do. She was very good at that!

E supervising the whole thing. Do you notice she is riding bareback? Granddad decided he better come out and check on things. I'm sure he didn't totally approve of James' choice of riding attire.

This is the best picture I got of all three of them on the horses. I would say the girls look a bit more relaxed than James.
As I mentioned, the weather was perfect that evening. Here is James cooking steaks out on the grill, which was followed by home-made ice cream on the patio. What a great night!
We don't see skys like this very often in the metroplex, so it was wonderful to end such a good day with this view as we left Paris.
Thanks to all the Woodalls for a wonderful day. We really enjoyed seeing everyone and hope to do it again soon.

0 comments: