Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Post

Here are a few photos from the last few days. I did not do a very good job documenting it all, so I will have to fill in a few details with words rather than pictures. Also, the pictures are in backwards order, but oh well!

I just thought this was a funny picture. Here are Tyler and James taking a walk at G&G's with their recycled shopping bags. They are actually walking from the barn back to the house with their bags filled with beef. This was my Christmas present from G&G. Yes, it is soap and yes, there is money in the soap. Our super cool Grandma (and Granddad) have given us money in a new and creative way every year and I think this may have topped all the others.

This was Granddad and Riley getting ready to head out for our walk to the barn. After I took the picture Granddad wanted to redo it after he put on his "better hat". I convinced him it was okay.
Now onto my favorite part of our celebration. We took my parents to the Gaylord ICE exhibit on Friday and it was soo very cool. I would recommend it to everyone. I just couldn't decided which pictures to post, so here are a few.
This was taken in the hotel lobby, everything was decorated so beautifully!
Here is the nativity scene in the ICE exhibit. It literally took my breath away when we rounded the corner and saw it for the first time. The picture does it no justice.

Group shot while walking through the hotel
Very cute picture of Mom and Day and a polar bear

That is us inside a gingerbread house made of ice. So cool!
Here is Dad going down the ice slide. James and I both flew down so fast Mom couldn't capture us with the camera
Just a picture of James and I on Christmas Day
This was at Russell and Sarah's apt on Christmas night when Mom and Dad got into town. Dad read The Night Before Christmas to Riley. It was very sweet and I have a feeling this is the only year Riley will sit perfectly still and quiet through the whole story
"Whatcha looking at Aunt Rachel?"
Mom and Dad
This was my Christmas present from Mom and Dad. It spells SILVESTER with snapshots of different objects. You must see it in person, it is fabulous. I LOVE it!!

Somehow I didn't get any pictures of Christmas with James' family. I think Sandy did. If so I will borrow hers and post them. I guess I better add "be a better picture-taker" in the new year (see post below) to my list.

What a blessed Christmas season this has been!

0 comments: