Monday, December 15, 2008

One Christmas Down...

Well, we did it! James and I successfully hosted our first large get together at our new house. The women in my family always make it appear so effortless, but it was hard work! We had a blast and I am just so thankful that we have the opportunity to have our loved ones into our new place. Thanks to everyone for making the drive. These pictures are in no order, but here goes!

Russell said Riley was boy and couldn't wear a bow, but it's Christmas! He sure is a cute boy with a bow. He was very, very interested in opening his presents. It was alot of fun to watch. I'm sure as the years go on it will just get to be more and more fun to watch him during the holidays.


Just a few snapshots as we were getting ready for the gift exchange. The ladies made it a bit more interesting than the guys.




A snapshot Mom got of James and I
The tree with all the goodies underneath
A few of the guys playing football out in the street. For some reason every time guys get outside and play football in the street it warms my heart. They did it at Thanksgiving too. I guess it just reminds me of when we were kids and all the guys would play outside on holidays. Those were such simple times and I'm so glad that for a few days out of the year things can be simple for a few short moments.



We had a wonderful time everyone. Thanks again for coming! Now we are looking forward to our next couple of Christmas celebrations. It really is the best time of year!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forgot to come stand in the yard and wave - looks like I might have been hit in the head with a football anyway.