Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cheesecake Factory

James and I usually go on a date on Wednesday nights, but due to several things coming up last night we weren't able to make it. So, today James called and said he wanted to make up our date by going to the Cheesecake Factory. So when we both got home from work, off we went. The closest one to our apartment is across from North Park Mall, which is a very nice area of Dallas. They sat us at a table for two that was literally just far enough from the occupied table next to us that I was barely able squeeze through without knocking off a plate on the other table. Once I sat down and looked at the floor due to my embarrassment from my tush having grazed the other table, I saw that a giant foot was next to mine. I then looked up and realized that I was sitting just inches from a HUGE, VERY athletic looking man. Across from him was a short, plump Asian man. They had a table covered in a variety of food and beverages. I waited until the non-athlete was talking so loudly about his wealth that he could not hear me and then coughed out the word "famous?" to James. He said "oh yeah, but I'm not sure who". We ruled out a Dallas Cowboy, because they were playing at that exact moment. We spent the next hour of our date eating some yummy food, but couldn't carry a conversation because the other guy was basically yelling about how rich he was--totally obnoxious. The athlete would nod and say "yeah, $h!t, or f$%k occasionally. They left before we did and of course we then talked out both of our thoughts. We really think he is a Maverick and the obnoxious, short guy was his agent or whatever else professional athletes have. When they left, I asked the waiter who they were and he said, "I have no idea, but definitely an athlete. The other guy payed, so I don't know who it was."

Now, I know the story would be waaaay better if we actually knew who it was that kept elbowing me through dinner, but we don't. The moral of the story is that The Cheesecake Factory should not put their table so close together!

0 comments: