Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

James and I are really getting into the groove of our lives back together. Although many things feel the same this time around, it has a totally different feel all at the same time. Very hard to explain, but very good. James continues to work hard and love his job. I finished my first full week with the new job and it really was a great week. It's so wonderful to slow down and see life through the eyes of children. A few events from this week with the girls--swim lessons, a fashion show, buying wigs from "Everything's $1", painting fingernails, playing "Pretty, Pretty Princess", 2 near potty misses and a huge scoop of bubblegum ice cream (yuck!)

We have had a good weekend so far. On Friday we had some friends over for dinner and watched the Olympics until way too late into the night. It was great to host people in our apartment and get to know them even better.

Cousin Tyler had his college graduation celebration yesterday in Greenville, so we went out there and chowed down on some wonderful Woodall steaks and Martha's amazing chocolate pies. Thankfully, she sent a half of one home with us!!

James seems to always be catching up on sleep, so he sleeps VERY hard. Last night he woke up about 3:30 and was wide awake. I can't think of a single time this has happened before. Since he was wide awake, he thought that I should be too. He actually woke me up and asked if I wanted to play Scrabble because he couldn't sleep!! I kindly declined and suggested he go watch t.v. in the living room. He came back to bed about 6 and slept until my alarm went off. Needless to say we are laughing about it today, but also napping and being totally unproductive. We love Sundays!!

I hope you all are catching up on rest and getting ready to start another week. Love to all!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Dear Rachel,
I absolutley LOVE your Blog ..
It's real touching and at quite humerous ..Thank you for being a wonderful daughter in-law ..
K.H.A.A.L.M.
in His Service,
love you both !!!
sandy