Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Yummy!

James and I both love sweets, but we are both very capable of eating too much. We really try to eat healthy during the week and then splurge on the weekends. Now I have found a yummy recipe for a sweet that won't do us too much damage and they are fun to make. I thought I would share.

Chocolate-Almond Meringues from Healthy Appetite on Food Network

3 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/3 cup superfine sugar
3/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Place egg whites and cream of tartar in a bowl and beat until foamy. Add sugar and almond extract, beat until meringues hold soft peaks, about 3 minutes. Fold in chocolate gently. Fill a resealable bag with mixture and snip corner of bag to pipe meringues by the tablespoon onto cookie sheets. Bake for 40 minutes and let cool completely before removing from parchment paper.

Each meringue is only 30 calories and super yummy! An additional bonus, I found that chopping chocolate can be quite therapeutic. : )

I hope you enjoy!

0 comments: