Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New Furniture and First Day

Yesterday was a very interesting day in our household. First off, it was to be my first day with my new nannying position. I have been very excited for a while about this job and getting it going. I only had the girls for a few hours since school has not yet started and we won't get into our normal routine until next week. The girls are both very sweet, gentle and creative. I think we will have lots of fun together. An additional 7 year old is hanging out with us this week too, so I'm sure it will be even more fun and interesting. No better way to start a new job than to hear, "Oh by the way, Cookies and Cream (one of the school hamsters they have kept this summer) is out and we can't find her. Keep your eyes open for her." I was thinking "okay, no problem. I'm sure the lab has his eyes open for Cookies and Cream too." Needless to say, I didn't find Cookies and Cream yesterday.

Now on to the new furniture. James and I ordered a new bed and dresser for our bedroom from IKEA and it was delivered yesterday morning. Yippee!!! I thought you might like to hear a few comments that came out of our mouths yesterday. Funny now, not so funny at midnight last night. Here they are:

"Crap!!"
"We have to take it apart again and start over."
"Forget it!"
"Let's just burn the dang thing".
"Fine, you do it then."
"I'm sorry." "No, I'm sorry. I'm the one that told you to screw all 42 of those into the wrong place."
"What were YOU thinking?"

And on and on and on it went. I am happy to report that after all of that, we have a beautiful bed (I really could not love it more) and a wonderful, big dresser. I will say that when we fell into bed last night, we both agreed that we will never, ever buy furniture that comes in a box again.

I am proud to say that I was able to put the bed together by myself and had it all made up when James came home for lunch. This was before the nightmare of the dresser started.




This is what I had done on the dresser before James came home for lunch and I was feeling all proud of myself. This is also the first time I realized I had to take it apart and start over. Ooops! Aaaahhh! Finally!!
Now, you all must come and see it for yourself! I'm heading out to pick up the girls. Happy Tuesday!

0 comments: