Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Lizard, The Dog and Some Tears

**As you may have noticed, I have not mentioned the names of the girls that I am keeping and don't plan to online. I'm sure none of you know them, but just in case....


Just a little funny story from my day--The girls had a friend over to play, another 7 year old girl. We were playing "Spy Girls" and one of the girls headed upstairs. She yelled, "Rachel, there's a lizard in the house." Well, anytime the Lab hears yelling he runs towards the voice, so of course he ran to the lizard. He toyed with it long enough for myself and all three little girls to get to it. He then bit the body from the tail and left the tail squirming around on the floor. This immediately upset the 4, almost 5 year old. She began yelling, "Major, stop! I hate you Major! You are a poopoo pants, Major! I grabbed her up and she clung to my crying, with the words "I hate Major" coming out in between tears. We all sat quiet for a few moments, with the 4 year old still sitting in my lap crying, when we hear a hacking noise. "Oh No! Raaaaaachel!!!!!! Major just threw up!!!!! My thoughts immediately returned to my own first experience witnessing my beloved dog eating his own throw-up. I COULD not let the girls watch Major eat his throw up!! I told the girls who were already standing over the huge pile of throw-up to go to the play room. "No, the lizard might still be alive. We need to look in the throw-up for the lizard." At this moment, Major begins doing his job. You know, the job of clean-up. More tears began to flow, but thankfully 2 of the girls decided not to watch. Meanwhile, 4 year old stands a foot from Major with tears rolling down her face taking it all in. It's all really gross to me, but to be honest I was rooting for Major to finish the job, that way I wouldn't have to. After the clean-up and everyone had calmed down we had to have a serious talk about the differences between humans and animals. Yep, it's all in a day's work!!

0 comments: