Monday, January 26, 2009

Catching Up

I generally like to cover one topic per post, but today is a bit different. I'm just going to play catch up. The first few pictures are just of our new shutters. Finally, I can give my hubby a big ole smooch and not have to worry about our elderly neighbors across the street getting too uncomfortable or having to hide in the closet.


We really love them and are sooo thrilled they are finally here. They have to replace the kitchen shutter, because they installed the wrong thing. Other than that we have no complaints!
Now to follow up on my last post--The boxing match got canceled. "Oh bummer honey, I can't believe it. I was really looking forward to that." Instead I got to eat at Fireside Pies, one of my favorites and watch Friday Night Lights (the t.v. show), another of my faves.

Also, I mentioned that James would be doing something for me next week. Well, do any of you remember this?

Yes, it is my wedding dress! James and I will be taking a step out of our comfort zone and doing something totally uncharacteristic of us. We are going to be posing for a Dallas wedding photography who just needed a "real couple" to volunteer for a project she is doing. So far we have no idea what the project is, where we will be going or what we will be doing. All I know is that my dress won't get wet, but may get dusty. hmmm, no idea. Anyways, it should be fun and I think it is a great opportunity for us. Who am I kidding? I just want to wear my dress again!
I'll fill you in after it happens on Thursday.
Finally, I got a few comments and emails from people encouraging me to keep up the movie reviews when possible. Well, of course I will! I love movies and I love to blog. This weekend James and I saw Gran Torino and Slumdog Millionaire, so here goes. I'm not an expert and I expect that a lot of movie goers disagree with me.
Gran Torino: I loved it!! Clint Eastwood was the only good actor and he was wonderful. He reminded me of my Granddad alot, even though Granddad is waaaay nicer and would never say some of the things out of Clint's mouth! Be warned the other actors were pretty bad. This movie is extremely politically incorrect, so you may be more comfortable waiting until it comes out on dvd and watching it in the privacy of your own home. In the beginning I was so caught off guard by it that I didn't know whether to laugh or hold it in. All in all, go see it. James and I both love it!
Slumdog Millionaire: Here is where you may disagree with me. All I can say is that I looked forward to seeing this movie all weekend long and then couldn't wait for it to be over. I hated it, absolutely hated it. It was so violent that I had to cover my eyes during several scenes. I expected it to be somewhat upbeat, but left with a bad taste in my mouth.
Now I don't want to end this on a negative note, so I will tell you that I have had the joy of watching Riley try to crawl all day. He is just working so hard and looking so, so cute!

1 comments:

Lacey said...

have fun with the photo shoot! that sounds like a blast!
i agree with you totally on gran torino! soo good. and yes, clint was the only good actor, but still a great movie!
i haven't seen slumdog and after reading your review, i might just have to wait until it comes out on dvd. usually the movies that win a lot of awards end up not being good movies to my taste.
keep up the reviews!