Friday, January 2, 2009

Movie Reviews

James and I have seen 3 movies since Christmas Eve and I wanted to share my thoughts and encourage all of you to get out there and see some. On Christmas Eve we saw "Seven Pounds", Christmas day was "Marley and Me" and yesterday we saw "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". Let me just say we were not disappointed with any of them. Well, I'll speak for myself. I was not disappointed with a single one of them.

Seven Pounds
Great movie! Will Smith never disappoints. Very hard to sit through in the beginning. Just chill out, relax and wait for it all to come together. I keep thinking about it and like it more and more as times goes on. Just don't go when you are tired or looking for a light, entertaining film.

Marley and Me
OH MY GOODNESS! This was my favorite of the three. Now, I'm ready for a dog. Jennifer Aneston was great in this movie. I also finished the book a couple of days ago. I can't get Marley out of my mind. Yesterday, I was looking out the window and said "James look it's Marley and his chocolate brother!"

The Curious Case of Benjamen Button
First of all, don't get a big coke and drink it all within the first half hour like I did. This is a loong movie. However, there was not a dull moment or a single thing that they could have removed from the movie. It was fabulous. Very touching, very thought provoking. This was actually the only one of the three that didn't bring me to tears. Maybe I was all cried out. Anyways, Brad Pitt is the finest specimen on the face of this earth, male or female. No doubt! Can I hear an Amen?

Honestly, if you have the time I would encourage everyone to see all three of these movies. They each touched my heart in a different place. Gotta love great movies!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

i want to see all of those! i'm glad you hear that you liked them - that probably means i will too! i'm in the slow process of reading marley & me. i was hoping to finish it before seeing the movie, but i don't know if that's going to happen.

Anonymous said...

Loved even Pounds - made it even better knowing that Will Smith is actually supposed to be a pretty good guy.