Friday, January 30, 2009

No Pics and No Broken Bones

Our pretend wedding pictures that we were to take yesterday were rescheduled because the temperature was to low. I was definitely bummed out, but I think it was for the better. We should be taking them next Friday if the weather is nice.

Why do I think it was for the better? Well, because on Wednesday I had a serious smack down with the ice. Well, actually I smacked down on the ice. While the girls had an ice day, their parents had to go to work, so I went and stayed with the girls for half the day. When I came home all the ice had melted or so I thought. The moment I got out of the car to go inside, I stepped on a slippery spot and down I flew. It was horrible! I didn't have my trusty "help, I've fallen and can't get up" thing around my neck, so I just moaned loudly hoping a neighbor would hear my cries. I had no idea how on earth I was going to get up without falling again. No one came so once my jeans were completely soaked I decided to crawl around on the ice to gather my purse and all its contents that went in all different directions, my water bottle and my sandwich that landed under the car. I honestly can not tell you how bad it scared me. Everyone that I talked to later that day insisted that I needed to go to the doctor, but I was stubborn and didn't want to go. Finally last night after work I went to the urgent care center down the street to get checked out. (We have had a trip planned to see Tyler in Austin this weekend for a while and I just wanted to make sure nothing was broken before we took that long road trip.) Anyways, the doc checked me out and then asked if he could take some x-rays. No problem. Okay, this part is important---if you are going to have to take off your clothes and put on the skimpy gown they provide, make sure you have shaved your legs and don't have alternating hot pink and royal blue toes nails painted by a five year old. How embarrassing! Just because I am a married woman does not mean I want some man straightening me out on the x-ray table touching my hairy legs and awful toe nails.

Anyways, long story short nothing is broken, just lots of bruising. He gave me a muscle relaxer and some pain meds. I started to write this blog last night after taking the meds, but realized i was waaay to loopy.

So we are off to Austin for the weekend as soon as we both get home from work tonight. We are so, so excited to spend some time with Tyler. Just pray that neither of the boys ends up in the ER after their mountain biking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful your o.k. sweetie..
love ya

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt. Next time, remember that "Stop, Drop, and Roll" is for when you are on fire, not on ice.

Tyler said...

Im glad my mother thinks she is so cute.

Glad you guys made it down this way it was a fun weekend. Hope you get all your "stuff" done. I have not...