Thursday, January 1, 2009

They are in!!

This post is for Martha and Mom. Here is our house with brand new windows. I must say it was a pretty scary day for me with any and everything near our windows being pulled to shredds, but we could not be happier with the finished product. The guys vacuumed with they left and I have vacuumed three more times but we are still finding little shreds of glass and tons of dust everywhere. Still, totally worth it!! Since the weather has been so nice the last couple of days lots of our neighbors are out walking and its fun to see them point and talk as they pass our house. Yes, we are proud! This is in the master bath and it is my favorite. It has a little crank and opens to the side. Very cute!

There was some sheet rock damage during the process which they repaired, but every window needed some touch-up paint. James is having just a tad too much fun with the paint. Who knows what else will be painted by the time he is done.
Of course they decided to take out the biggest window in the house at 9 AM, so the house was pretty chilly for a few hours. As you can see there are two pieces of blue tape at the top that we must not touch for a week. It reminds me of bandages after people have plastic surgery. Our house is still healing from a little "pick me up".

Before James and I had even found this house, Mom and I spent the day in Mineola shopping and I found this adorable little door knocker. Everything in me wanted to buy it, but I decided it would be silly. After all we didn't even know for sure that we would be purchasing a home. Soo, Mom swooped in, bought it for me and put it in my stocking. I had honestly totally forgotten about it and was thrilled to find it. It looks perfect on our door!
Stay tuned for January's Resolution

3 comments:

Sarah said...

The windows look great! I can't wait to see them in person.

Tyler said...

Looks awesome. I need to make it up there soon!

Anonymous said...

Love it - it's a good feeling to make progress on your own property. Even like today, when we were raking leaves and mulching them. Which, by the way, took place of MY workout for the day. (We had piles of leaves big enough to lose an entire NFL team under them!)