Saturday, October 18, 2008

The State Fair of Texas 2

I decided to go ahead and blog about the fair before the weekend gets too hectic. Tyler gets here about noon and I can't wait! More on that later.

We went to the fair again last night and had even more fun than the first time. Our friends from Missouri were pretty impressed too.

Here is James and I with Big Tex Just a picture from when were first got there

The main reason we went was because Jessica Simpson was in concert. She is just as beautiful in person as on t.v. There were sooo many people there and it was standing only. We were sweating and bumping into everyone. After an hour of standing to save our spots and an hour of the concert, James and I decided to ditch the crowd and find somewhere to get some air.

We went to the very back of the crowd and sat down. Thats when I heard someone say Tony and Jason are over there. "WHAT??? Tony Romo and Jason Witten are here???" So I told James we have to find them. So we pushed through crowds to try and find them. James kept saying, "they aren't here. There is no way they are here." "Please James, lets just look." Finally we made our way to the booth where all the sound equipment and stuff is and sure enough, I spotted them!! We saw Tony Romo!!! And Jason Witten! I had no idea I would ever be an obnoxious fan, but I sure was! Seeing Tony Romo made my day! I know the picture is dark, but I'm sure you can see him with his signature smile, blue shirt and blue hat. And that's Jason with his arm up. The funniest of all, is that Tony was singing Jessica's song, "Come on Over."
This is Jon and Cassie. We have hung out with them alot lately and have really enjoyed getting to know them.
Not pictured: Fried Snickers (Yuck, Sicko, Don't Get It!!), Fletchers Corny Dog (Yummy!!), Fried Smores (Sarah's suggestion and by far the yummiest), Lemonade (very good) and James' random choice of a pickle (a pickle? whatever you want babe! : ) )
That's all for now

1 comments:

Life according to ? said...

I am very thrilled you see your lovely faces that shine with speakable Joy. If only you knew how my heart rejoices to see your wonderful contenance together.Thank you for making my day every day .
k.h.a.a.l.m.
mom
PS. Rachel you are wonderful...
and so perfect for my James ..I AM VERY THANKFUL FOR YOU !!!