Monday, October 6, 2008

Thankful Day 6

Today I am very thankful for great customer service (aka, nice people). I know that sounds silly, but so often people are in such a hurry or so stressed out that they treat others with total disrespect. Today, I went to mail a package at the post office and there was THE NICEST postal worker I have ever met. There was a long line at the counter and she was going from person to person asking what kind of service they were needing. If she could help them get out quicker, rather than standing in line, she did so. She was also making personal conversation with each person. You just don't find that very often unless you are somewhere like Groveton or Mineola. Call me old fashioned, but I don't use the machine to mail my packages. I want to go to the counter and have an actual person figure out my total, take my money, etc. And when I told that to the postal worker, said "Girl, I can show you. It's easy!" So she got me out of line and took me to the machine, then stepped me through the whole process. I still would rather go to the counter, but I sure did appreciate her kindness, patience and desire to help me. Now I know this was her job, but still I left with a huge smile on my face. She could have done her job with a frown or by saying the bare minimum. Instead, she encouraged me to go out with a smile and make conversation with people that I encountered throughout the rest of my day. I am so thankful for nice people, but more than that, I am thankful that my attitude was tweaked with such a brief encounter.

0 comments: