Friday, October 10, 2008

Thankful Day 10

Today I am so thankful that I have a passion for reading. I'm sure I got that from my parents, who both love to read. I just finished Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller, which I'm sure most of you have read. I really pushed the book away for a while and didn't want to read it. I still have no idea why, I just didn't want to. Now I am so happy that I did. I definitely did not agree with everything in the book, but it really encouraged me to take a tough look at my heart and what I believe. I'm sure I will read it again, probably starting tonight!
We spent some time in Barnes and Noble tonight, one of my favorite things to do. I love the feel of bookstores and being surrounded by so many wonderful stories and such great information. What books do you all suggest I read? I am thankful that I have a passion for reading and hope that it stays with me the rest of my life.

1 comments:

Lacey said...

oh man, i've got a suggestion. Have you heard of the Twilight series (there's 4 books)? I think you would LOVE them. Almost every single one of my friends and I have read them and are obsessed. They aren't like self-help books or anything like it. Totally fiction and fantastic. The first book is Twilight. Go get it! love ya!